Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Top 5 News Sources


 Week 1 Blog #1: Top 5 News Sources


The news as we know it has begun to circle the drain so to speak as Americans are becoming far more weary of the ideologies of "fake news". Whether you are left or right leaning, it is fairly evident in most journalistic sources there exists a political bias. My generation is in a precarious position of being educated from a young age on discerning said bias many times even before we finish the article. Picking and choosing what to believe is not really how news should be interpreted. It is important to find the gist of the information and analyze it through multiple sources of many different positions to figure out what exactly is going on.

    Every morning I wake up and check my Bing homepage for any groundbreaking or earth-shattering news. While it does not show a very in depth look at the happenings of the global community, it is fairly comprehensive in its delivery of political, global, and entertainment news stories of the past 3 hours. If there is an event that I as an American, need to know it will show up there. For instance the conflicts in Ukraine were immediately published and gave me the push to begin a further in depth analysis of the situation through other sources. https://www.bing.com/

    After I look at literally the headlines on Bing, I typically gravitate towards closer analysis via the Washington Post, CNN, or MSN which are usually the top sources on the browser. From my understanding these are fairly left leaning but reading through bias is the point of critical thinking in a political landscape as treacherous as the current in the US. These major news sources provide a specified journalistic approach to the news as the general public views it. As these are major publishers, they serve as secondary and primary sources for the happenings of modern society. https://www.msn.com/en-us

    As a young adult with too much screen time, it is no shock that a great deal of news is delivered to me via social media. I do not follow political figures or celebrities so at least they are coming from objectively more credible sources in the SM landscape. A major account I follow on Twitter is The Associated Press or AP whatever you wish to title them. I like the AP because I know that they are not affiliated with Disney or any of the corporate media giants that flow information through their pipelines across their desired demographics. The Associated Press is a non-profit organization that is a writing collaboration from multiple publishers and members of the Newspaper Guild Union. https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

    I thoroughly enjoy the political landscape of the United States. While bipartisan politics has failed us as a nation, the media storm it has created is wildly entertaining. But therein lies the issue, if I want actual political news I feel less inclined to believe quite literally nothing from any major news source detailing political affairs. I get a majority of my political news from foreign press coverage through Australian SkyNews or if I really want to listen to a domestic take on matters will turn on C-SPAN. https://www.skynews.com.au/

    As someone entering into the entertainment industry via the music business, I do make it a point to stay up to date with new entertainment headlines. Varying from pop culture to business and law aspects of that side of industry, I retrieve articles from rags like the DaillyMail but also look to things like Time and People for the latest and greatest. During the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial I did tend to gravitate towards Tiktok for livestreams and legal analysis in duet capacities. https://people.com/  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

 Final Post: Is my relationship with technology healthy? Nope. Neither is yours.     To put it plain and simple, I don't think that anyo...